Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Church Family

Last Saturday I had the great opportunity to photograph the Church's.   One of  my favorite things about the Church's is that we're related!  The matriarch of the family, Aunt Megan, is my Mama's sister!   Uncle Kevin and Aunt Mae-Mae are so much fun to be around and their children, Cadence, Justus, and Asher, are all absolutely beautiful!


This is Cadence, the oldest child in the family.  Don't you love her little hair bow?


I would tell Cadence where to stand and she would immediately give me this huge smile!  She's so precious!


See what I mean?


Justus is the "middle child" (for now ;) and a little shy but very sweet too!  He's come up to me several times, gave me a hug, and then told me he loved me.  I don't think he could get much sweeter!



This picture cracks me up!  Aunt Megan and Uncle Kev were telling Justus to "smile pretty" and this was the result. :)  


When Mae-Mae started pretending she was going to "get" Justus he really started smiling! :)


 And this is Asher, the youngest member of the family.  He loves being rocked and will be your cling-on as long as Mama isn't around!
 
I love baby eyelashes. :)


 Look at those eyes!!


The three little Church's!


I want to know what Asher's thinking...


 So, completely precious!!



Once again, Mae-Mae is pretending to come and "get them" in this picture.  I love how genuine these smiles are! 

Some people want their kids to look directly at the camera for all pictures but I'd rather have genuine smiles than "forced" ones any day.  Oftentimes kids don't give a genuine smile when placed in front of a camera and told "Say cheese."  The most genuine ones come when they're out playing, or, in this case, being entertained by their Mama.  Yes, it'd be nice if they looked at the camera but, still, I'd rather have genuine smiles than forced ones. :)






Daddy and Mama with their big girl!

















Daddy and his boys!



 Such a good lookin' family!!




I had to go around and find some pretty photo spots near our house for these pictures.  Most of the colorful Fall leaves were gone and I didn't want scraggly, brown trees in the background, so we went to our neighbor's rye field.  The green grass made for really vibrant colors!

I love how Asher and Cadence are looking back at me in this picture!


I was so amazed I got one picture with everyone smiling and *almost* everyone looking at the camera!  If you've ever tried to take a family photo for someone you know how difficult that is!!  (Part of the credit for all the smiles in this pic may have been due to my sister who came along to help. :)



 Walkin' with Mama.


I had to get some photos of Uncle Kev and Aunt Mae-Mae!


 Aww....look at you two!! 


I think a silhouette is a perfect way to end this post! ;)

Thanks again, Uncle Kev and Aunt Mae-Mae, for letting me do your family photos!
Kimber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let your speech [be] always with grace, seasoned with salt," (Colossians 4:6)