Friday, March 2, 2012

What I Love: The Story

I have wanted to post about this movie/CD for a while.  It all began with an email from my Aunt Megan.  She said she had bought this really great C.D. called The Story.  Then she let us borrow it (big mistake).  I was driving up to Northern VA when I first heard the songs on it.  Mama put the C.D. in and told me the title of the first song and I just listened.  It was absolutely beautiful...so beautiful that my eyes welled up with tears (not a good thing when you're a beginner driver :).

You see, every song on the C.D. is sung (by the leading Christian musicians) from the perspective of one of the "Bible heroes" like Joshua, Job, Jesus, etc.  The first song, The Creation, was just an overture but it was so expressive and so moving that I could just see God creating everything out of nothing.  It was really amazing.

The songs continued and Mama would continue to tell me the titles and who sung the song.  So many of the songs spoke to me and I saw the "everyday" Bible heroes in a different light.

Needless to say, my entire family loves this C.D.!   We then found out that there was also a movie called The Story that used the same music on the C.D. and just added video.  So, we had to get it!  

Mama bought the movie, The Story, for Daddy for Christmas, and we all watched it together one day.  We all had to shake butter (thanks to our cow, Halle) and figured it would be a good time to watch it.  The first song, The Creation, played and the videos put to the music made me cry again.  Quite honestly, most of us had tears in our eyes.  It was just beautiful.

The songs continued and, one after the other, we were able to identify with the Bible characters and to put ourselves in their shoes.  

The second song is called "Good" and it's about Adam and Eve.  The words of the song cry with the sadness of Adam and Eve after they sinned and were separated from God.  And I could go on and on!

There are a few songs that don't speak as loudly to me as the others, but they're all really good.  My very favorites are:  Good (Adam and Eve), Who but You (Abraham and Sarah), It Must be You (Moses), Your Heart (David), Born for This (Esther), When Love Sees You (Jesus), How Love Wins (Thief), Alive (Mary Magdalene), and Empty (the Disciples). [Yes, I realize that's most of them. :)]

I cannot adequately portray the beauty of the songs on this C.D./DVD.  I would really like to inspire everyone in the world to get this.  I like the DVD better than the C.D. because of the video but the songs speak just as well by themselves. 

So, when you have a spare second, please check out The Story.  Here's the website...and thanks for letting me share about something I love so much! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this CD!! I really need to get it. I love David, Ruth, and Esther's songs (as well as the others!). =) =) =) I would totally recommend this!

    His Princess,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review, Kimber! It sounds like a really neat CD and DVD. Have you ever read the book? My Grandma brought it with her this weekend, and it looked interesting. I may have to look into "The Story" materials!

    ~Bianca

    ReplyDelete

"Let your speech [be] always with grace, seasoned with salt," (Colossians 4:6)